Are you wondering which top 5 dental insurance companies for seniors to go for? Probably you don’t have any reliable company to choose in mind or one you can recommend a senior citizen in your community. You may find it taxing and daunting to pick the top five companies, but don’t fret at all.
Choosing the best dental insurance company due to the high demand for such services can be daunting. However, through extensive research and wide consultation, you can make the first steps towards picking the best company. Significantly, it is wise to seek referrals from other seniors in your locality or close friends who have sought search services before.
Good oral health is paramount whether young or old. You need regular dental checkups and best preventative measures even if you don’t have any dental complications. To stay on the safe side, it is great to have the best dental insurance that will cover;
- Routine checkups
- Dental x-rays
- Cleaning procedures
- Application of sealant to prevent cavities
- Extraction and care of decayed or broken tooth.
Top pick the best insurance cover provider, know now what the company cover and what the cover costs. Don’t forget to look at any other essential things that make the company stand out.
With this in mind, here are the top 5 dental insurance companies that will make your goals a reality. Have a look;
Delta Dental has a large network of dental offices and this is an added advantage for a senior citizen looking for a perfect cover. The company is widely known for offering great plans and seniors can get the best fees for preventative procedures and basic services upfront. Key dental insurance plans you can get from this company are;
- Delta Dental PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) – This is a great insurance plan that works well with subscribed customers and at reduced rates. The dental services you will get will be paid on percentage although you will be responsible for a deductible to the payment you make.
- DeltaCare USA- Opting for this insurance plan will help you choose a primary care dentist and access the costs upfront. You will receive coverage for a monthly or annual fee.
United Healthcare Dental Insurance
United Healthcare offers affordable dental plans that are beneficial to senior citizens. This insurance provider offers flexible plans to choose from, and it is wise to pick the best. They include;
- Annual bitewing x-rays
- Two annual exams and routine checkups.
- One full mouth x-ray every 36 years.
- Complete set of dentures every 60 months.
The cost of your insurance cover will include deductibles, co-pays and premiums, and will vary depending on the plan you choose.
The demand for dental insurance keeps surging, and MetLife offers its customers an opportunity to get 100% dental cleaning and examination. This company is the best thing to happen to many seniors who want to cater for their dental expenses after retiring from different offices.
Seniors can opt to go for a PPO dental plan that also comes with an HMO option. Significantly, seniors in need of dental services can also find dentist of their liking from the company’s online portal and within their locality. As you pick the different insurance plans available at MetLife, bear in mind the costs may vary.
As you look for top dental insurance company, go for one that offers best senior discounts. And AARP is the best place to be.
Thanks to the fact that AARP is ran by Delta Dental insurance provider, another top company, you know this is a real deal. Seniors have an opportunity to choose between HMO and PPO insurance plans. You will also get an opportunity to deal with licensed dental experts in the US and at lower rates.
Aetna Dental is the home of more than 14 million members, and senior citizens are a part of this big insurance industry fraternity. Aetna’s insurance plans are;
- The Dental Maintenance Organization Plan- This is a plan that will fit many seniors as it’s a low-cost insurance plan that will also allow you to choose your preferred dentist. However, you cannot opt for another insurance company once you choose your primary dentist.
- The Dental Indemnity Plan- With this plan, you get an opportunity to choose a licensed dentist in the country. You don’t need referrals or to choose your primary dentist. It also offers highest levels of coverage.
- Aetna’s PPO plan- Senior citizens get an opportunity to visit a dentist of choice without any need of a referral. This plan has deductibles and will cost less if you opt for an in-network dental expert.
To Sum Up
A lot of oral hygiene issues arise as your age. As a senior citizen, you will go through regular visits to the dentist and it is wise to get a dental insurance. You don’t want to spend your retirement savings catering for your dental hygiene. It’s time to find an insurance company for seniors that will help your meet your dental health needs without any misgivings.